Contract: Competitive Tender
Programme: 14 weeks
Client: Transport for Greater Manchester
This scheme was secured by competitive bid as one of four park and ride schemes for Transport for Greater Manchester (TfGM). The scope was to expand the existing car parking facilities at Irlam Train Station. Previously the station's formal parking provision consisted of five spaces with two for disabled users.
TfGM acquired a new site to enable them to increase the facilities for an additional 66 standard spaces including provision for blue badge holders.
- Provision of drop-off and turnaround area outside the station
- New fencing to the railway boundary and the car park
- Installation of CCTV Posts and cabinets, foundations, street lighting columns and ducting
- Construction of a dedicated safe pedestrian route across the car park to the station platforms
- Accommodation of existing mobile network equipment located at the site
- Facilities for cyclists and motor cyclists
- Removal of overgrown vegetation and trees to enable development and the introduction of new landscaping strips containing low slow growing shrubs and trees